As a reminder, the kit I used for this build is The Kensington from Barbara's Mouldings. It was the closest I could find that matched the RL property. It had to be altered a bit on the front a) to look more like the original and b) to fit on my cabinet. The balcony, porch, steps, railings and front extension were removed and replaced with the Cellar.
* Courtesy of Ben Rea
The following are photos showing the progress and also the internal wall debate I'm still having with myself. To give each room equal space, the internal walls cut straight down the central window. If I put the staircase in, the halfway point is nudged over between the windows but the rooms are of course smaller. The debate continues!
The last couple of days have been spent creating the lantern above the front door and working out the best way to support it. The lantern was made from card with acrylic inserts, a birthday candle and a couple of findings to decorate the top. The support was created from a cut down window frame found in my wood stash.
The main door to the property is also finally fixed. As said previously I changed my mind about the magnets, went with the original hinges and added two little hooks to ensure it didn't swing open when I wasn't looking.
I have also included Madge. Madge is resident in the RL property. She is actually Madge III (Madge being short for Her Majesty) and has recently celebrated her 10th birthday. She will pop up in various rooms as I go along, no doubt.
I managed to track down a Royalty free image of the actual building to give you all a better idea of what I'm up to*
* Image courtesy of Flickr