Tuesday 7 March 2023

Victorian Parlour - a bit more progress

Firstly, thank you for your kind comments on my previous post - I know it's been a while and I'm pleased to know that I'm still being "followed"!   

I finally managed to get a couple of lamps in place, which I think makes a huge difference.   This room seems to have taken ages for some reason and it's not finished yet!    The "fourth wall" is coming along and I just need a few more bits before this room is complete.    The next room in this property will be  The Green Drawing Room and already I've started collecting some bits.









Apologies for the fuzzy picture.

4 comments:

  1. It's true that the with lamps and the light on it adds a lot to the room. Great atmosphere in this room.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room is looking so beautiful, Irene! You are doing a great job interpreting the original, and the lighting brings the room alive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Irene! I Love seeing the progress on the Silk Weaver's House! The Victorian Dining Room is sumptuous! The lights always add so much to mini rooms... it brings them alive for me! And your attention to the smallest details are what set your work apart. You really do go the extra bit to find or make the authentic pieces! I am so glad you are still blogging! Keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I called it the Dining Room... when it is the Parlor! My apologies for the error.... either way the room is Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete